In a statement to parishes, the Adelaide Archdiocese said whilst there was no specific mention of places of worship, as the direction is a 6 day lockdown, churches would close effective from midnight Thursday November 19.
It emphasised that weddings and funerals are not permitted during this period.
For clarification on funeral arrangements, contact should be made with the organising Funeral Director.
All schools will be closed, except for those with children who have parents working in essential services. This follows the closure of three Catholic schools earlier in the week.
After this 6 day period a further 8 days of other restrictions will apply. The Government is continuing to develop what this will look like and we will communicate this information as it becomes available.
“During this challenging time we ask that you and your communities pray for the wellbeing of each other,” said the statement issued on behalf of Archbishop Patrick O’Regan.
COVID-19 updates and online resources are available on the Archdiocesan website www.adelaide.catholic.org.au and for the latest updates on Catholic schools visit the CESA website: www.cesa.catholic.edu.au/alertsJump to next article