The support people in our parishes, schools and communities have been accustomed to receive will still be available. The difference is that we have an explicit mandate to integrate liturgy and community life. The Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy described the liturgy as the summit and font of the Church.
There is a constant flow of nourishment and power moving from the liturgy to the life of the community and back again to the celebration of the Eucharist.
Our newly expanded team aims to provide accessible training and resources that will help people to implement practices that strengthen this relationship of mutuality between worship and community life.
Community Life and Worship collaborates with other areas of the Pastoral Services Team in this mission and will continue to develop in response to emerging needs.
Three people with the title of pastoral support for Community Life and Worship work together, each focusing on a different area:
- Provides formation, training, and resources especially in the areas of liturgical ministry, liturgical music, as well as family, and classroom ministry.
- Coordinates diocesan liturgies and gatherings and consults with parishes and schools, especially for liturgies at which the Archbishop presides.
- Prepares annual resources for Advent, Lent, and the annual Archdiocesan liturgical calendar.
- Provides formation for parish pastoral councils regarding the scope of their role, especially the development of parish vision and mission statements and strategic plans.
- Offers parish pastoral associates ongoing formation in the human, spiritual, intellectual, and pastoral dimensions of their ministry.
- Delivers one-on-one mentorship and assistance to pastoral associates.
- Provides formation, training and resources especially in the areas of RCIA, adult confirmation and infant baptism preparation.
- Promotes whole parish involvement in evangelisation and initiation.
- Supports parishes in the development of ongoing mystagogical formation for all Christians.
Lastly, as the Pastoral leader for this team, it is my focus to:
- Provide consultation and resources to the Archbishop, parish staff, and other Archdiocesan bodies on liturgical practices and emerging issues in worship.
- Define the team’s initiatives and projects in line with the objectives of the Pastoral Services Team and manage their implementation.
- Enhance Archdiocesan liturgical celebrations in partnership with the Cathedral staff.
We look forward to serving you in the areas of community life and worship!
Simone Brosig is pastoral leader of Community Life and Worship.
Jump to next article