Opened in 1938, St Therese’s is part of the Mallee Border parish and located just inside the Victorian border.
Now with only three active parishioners (Pat and Alan Kalms, and Mary Knights), the decision was made earlier this year to close the church.
Fr John Herd celebrated the final Mass at 11am (Eastern Standard Time) on October 14, with past parishioners and friends encouraged to attend. Mass was followed by a luncheon at the Murrayville Hotel.
Jump to next article