Archbishop Wilson gave evidence last month at the trial which commenced late last year in the Newcastle Local Court and resumed on April 9.
After the Archbishop and a memory expert gave evidence, Crown Prosecutor Gareth Harrison and defence barrister Stephen Odgers SC made their closing submissions on April 13.
Archbishop Wilson told the court he did not recall a conversation said to have occurred in 1976, when he was a 25-year-old priest in East Maitland. He also gave evidence that he had no recollection of any such conversation in the period from 2004 to 2006 when it is alleged the offence occurred.
In his closing address Mr Odgers said there was no evidence of conduct by Archbishop Wilson between 2004 and 2006 that demonstrated he knew about the abuse.Jump to next article